Other Terms and Conditions
Additional terms and conditions may apply in order for You to avail specific Paytm Services and to specific portions or features of the Paytm Platform, including contests, promotions or other similar features, all of which terms are made a part of these T&Cs by this reference. You agree to abide by such other terms and conditions, including where applicable representing that You are of sufficient legal age to use or participate in such service or feature. If there is a conflict between these T&Cs and the terms posted for or applicable to a specific portion of the Paytm Platform or for any Paytm Service offered on or through the Paytm Platform, the latter terms shall control with respect to Your use of that portion of the Paytm Platform or the specific Paytm Service. Paytm may make changes to any Paytm Services offered on the Paytm Platform, or to the applicable terms for any such Paytm Services, at any time, without notice. The materials on the Paytm Platform with respect to the Paytm Services may be out of date, and Paytm makes no commitment to update the materials on the Paytm Platform with respect to such Paytm Services. The following terms also govern and apply to Your use of the Paytm Platform, and they are incorporated herein by this reference: https://paytm.com/about-us/our-policies/#tandc https://paytm.com/privacy-policy
SSOID Service, Participating Platforms
Paytm’s SSOID service offers You the convenience, after a one-time registration any Paytm Platform, to sign on (log in) to all web pages and online platforms operated by Paytm or its affiliates (hereinafter the Participating Platforms) with single log-in access / data, without going through a separate registration process every time. After successfully registering for the SSOID Service, the user can log-in via each Participating Platform with his SSOID access credentials. Moreover, if already logged in to one of the Participating Platforms, the user can immediately use all other Participating Platforms without additional log-in procedures (subject to the respective Participating Platform requiring further declarations). The Participating Platforms that offer the SSOID as a login feature, are visible on registration and in the user account. The number of Participating Platforms may also vary in the course of time. With regard to the contractual relationships of the users with the respective Participating Platforms, for the purposes of which Paytm’s SSOID service is or can be used in accordance with these T&Cs, these can alternatively have their own commercial and user terms and conditions. These business or user terms and conditions are available on the respective Participating Platforms. For the respective contents of the Participating Platforms, the respective affiliate of Paytm is solely responsible only for those content that it actually operates. For the SSOID service, these T&Cs apply exclusively, whereas for the use of the Participating Platforms, their business and user terms and conditions apply along with these T&Cs. The SSOID shall be owned and operated by One97 for use on all Participating Platforms. For the use of Paytm’s SSOID service, the user must register. Registration as a user is only allowed if the user meets the eligibility criteria as set out in these T&Cs. Each user can set up only one user account. The user is obliged to provide correct and complete information during the registration and use of the SSOID service. The login data is intended solely for personal use by the user and therefore always to be kept secret and safe. The user is not entitled to share his login details with third parties to use the SSOID service or to disclose them otherwise. The user is obliged to inform Paytm immediately on becoming aware of and/or suspecting a case of any unauthorized use, disclosure and/or misuse of their access data or of their user account. Furthermore, the user is obliged not to use the user account of another person. Submission of the duly completed registration form by the user simply provides invitation to us to make an offer to enter into the agreement on the use of our SSOID service (hereinafter the SSOID Agreement). Our offer for the conclusion of the SSOID Agreement is then effected by the fact that Paytm sends the user a confirmation by e mail, in which a confirmation link is included next to the user name and the password for the SSOID Service. By the user clicking on this confirmation link, the user accepts Paytm’s offer, so that in this way the SSOID Agreement enters into force. Conclusion of the SSOID Agreement may, also be effected through other communication modes and following such processes which help achieve the same purpose as the aforementioned e-mail confirmation process. Paytm is entitled to reject individual users without giving reasons. The user guarantees that the data submitted for their user account (and any other information that is otherwise left for Paytm) are in all respects complete, true, accurate and not misleading. Any changes to user’s data should be promptly updated correctly in its account.
By accepting the T&Cs, You accept the following:
- Paytm may send alerts to the mobile phone number provided by You while registering with the Paytm Platform for the SSOID service or on any updated mobile number subsequently provided by You on the Paytm Platform, or via e-mail or push notifications. The alerts will be received in case of SMS, only if the mobile phone is in ‘On’ mode to receive the SMS, in case of e-mail, only if the e-mail servers and e-mail ids are functional, and in case of push notifications, if the user has enabled the receipt of such notifications. If the mobile phone is in ‘Off’ mode or if the e-mail servers or ids are not functional or if the push-notifications feature has been turned off, then You may not get the alert at all or get delayed messages.
- Paytm will make best efforts to provide alerts via SMS/e-mail/push notifications and it shall be deemed that You shall have received the information sent from Paytm as an alert on the mobile phone number or e-mail id provided during the course of, or in relation to, using the Paytm Platform or availing any Paytm Services. Paytm shall not be under any obligation to confirm the authenticity of the person(s) receiving the alert. You cannot hold Paytm liable for non-availability of the SMS/email alert/push notifications service in any manner whatsoever.
- The SMS/e-mail alert/push notification service provided by Paytm is an additional facility provided for Your convenience and that it may be susceptible to error, omission and/or inaccuracy. In the event that You observe any error in the information provided in the alert, Paytm shall be immediately informed about the same by You and Paytm will make best possible efforts to rectify the error as early as possible. You shall not hold Paytm liable for any loss, damages, claim, expense including legal cost that may be incurred/suffered by You on account of the SMS/e-mail alert/push notification facility.
- The clarity, readability, accuracy and promptness of providing the SMS/e-mail alert/push notification service depend on many factors including the infrastructure and connectivity of the service provider. Paytm shall not be responsible for any non-delivery, delayed delivery or distortion of the alert in any way whatsoever.
- You will indemnify and hold harmless Paytm and the SMS/e-mail service provider including its officials from any damages, claims, demands, proceedings, losses, costs, charges and expenses whatsoever including legal charges and attorney’s fees which Paytm or the SMS/e-mail service provider may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be subjected to as a consequence of, or arising out of, any of the following: (i) misuse by You or improper or fraudulent information provided by You; (ii) incorrect number or a number that belongs to an unrelated third party provided by You; and/or (iii) the customer receiving any message relating to the reservation number, travel itinerary information, booking confirmation, modification to a ticket, cancellation of ticket, change in bus schedule, delay, and/or rescheduling from Paytm and/or the SMS/e-mail service provider.
Use of Paytm Platform
You understand that except for information, products or services clearly indicated as being supplied by Paytm, we do not operate, control, or endorse any information, products or services on the Internet in anyway. You also understand that Paytm cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for download through the Paytm Platform will be free of viruses, worms or other code that may be damaging. You are responsible for implementing procedures to satisfy Your particular requirements of Internet security and for accuracy of data input and output.
By accessing or using the Paytm Platform or by availing Paytm Services, You agree not to:
- violate the T&Cs;
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely claim or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with any person or entity, or access the accounts of others without permission, forge another person’s digital signature, misrepresent the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via the Paytm Services, perform any other similar fraudulent activity or otherwise avail Paytm Services with what we reasonably believe to be potentially fraudulent funds;
- infringe our or any third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy;
- use the Paytm Services if You are under the age of 18 years without a parental sponsor or, in any event, use the Paytm Services if You are under the age of 13 years old even with a parental sponsor and in accordance with applicable law;
- post or transmit any message which is libellous, defamatory or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person;
- post or transmit any message, data, image or program which is pornographic, vulgar or offensive in nature;
- refuse to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of Your identity or any other information provide by You to Paytm;
- remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Paytm Services and the Paytm Platform or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Paytm Services or the Paytm Platform;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of as regards Paytm Services or Paytm Platform or any part thereof, except and only to the extent this is expressly permissible by applicable law;
- use the Paytm Services or the Paytm Platform in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair it, including, without limitation, using the Paytm Services or the Paytm Platform in an automated manner;
- modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works based upon the Paytm Services and the Paytm Platform or any part thereof, except and only to the extent that that this is permissible by applicable law;
- intentionally interfere with or damage operation of the Paytm Services or the Paytm Platform or any other user’s enjoyment of it, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code or file with contaminating or destructive features;
- use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy the Paytm Platform without prior written permission;
- interfere or disrupt the Paytm Platform or networks connected to the Paytm Platform;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on Paytm’s infrastructure/network;
- use any device, software or routine to bypass the Paytm Platform’s robot exclusion headers, or interfere or attempt to interfere, with the Paytm Services;
- forge headers or manipulate identifiers or other data in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Paytm Platform or to manipulate Your presence on the Paytm Platform;
- sell the Paytm Services, information, or software associated with or derived from it;
- use the facilities and capabilities of the Paytm Platform to conduct any activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringes the rights of others;
- breach this Agreement, the SSOID Agreement or any other agreement or policy as may be applicable pursuant to the T&Cs;
- provide false, inaccurate or misleading information;
- use the Paytm Platform to collect or obtain personal information, including without limitation, financial information, about other users of the Paytm Platform, except and only as expressly provided in the T&Cs;
- avail Paytm Services with what Paytm reasonably believes to be potentially fraudulent funds;
- use the Paytm Services in a manner that results in or may result in complaints, disputes, reversals, chargebacks, fees, fines, penalties and other liability to Paytm, a third party or You;
- use the Paytm Services in a manner that Paytm or any payment card network reasonably believe to be an abuse of the payment card system or a violation of payment card network rules;
- take any action that may cause Paytm to lose any of the Paytm Services from its service providers or lose any of its recharge partners or business partners, including mobile operators or telecom companies, payment processors or other suppliers;
- send automated request of any kind to the Paytm Platform without express permission in advance from Paytm.
Termination; Agreement Violations
You agree that Paytm, in its sole discretion, for any or no reason, and without penalty, may suspend or terminate Your account (or any part thereof) or Your use of the Paytm Services/Paytm Platform and remove and discard on the Paytm Platform all or any part of Your account, Your user profile, or Your recipient profile, including Your SSOID, at any time. Paytm may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing access to the Paytm Services, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of Your access to the Paytm Services/Paytm Platform or any account You may have or portion thereof may be effected without prior notice, and You agree that Paytm will not be liable to You or any third party for any such termination or interruption. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies Paytm may have at law or in equity. Upon termination for any reason, You agree to immediately stop using the Paytm Services/Paytm Platform.